At MassFlow Solutions, we take a consultative approach to provide our customers with the best equipment and options to meet their goals.
We work with clients on the development of new production lines, additions and improvements to existing lines, and providing solutions for various process challenges. We pride ourselves on the level of customer service, detail, and experience we have to offer our customers and potential customers.
Doug’s call to the world of dry material handling came at an early age. He grew up working for the family business, Rage Engineering, that was started by his father. Rage Engineering was sold while Doug was attending Lehigh University, graduating with a degree in mechanical engineering. After graduation, he worked for Pennsylvania Metallurgical in Bethlehem PA as their only outside salesman. He followed that by working for Custom Particle Reduction (CPR) in Plumsteadville PA. CPR is a toll grinding, blending, and packaging company. After 5 years there, he went on to work for 2 major manufacturers in the handling world, specializing in feeding and mechanical conveying.
In the fall of 2002, he started MassFlow Solutions, covering Eastern PA, Southern NJ, Delaware, and Maryland until Jim Rutter joined in 2006. Doug now covers the eastern half of Pennsylvania with the exception of the immediate area around Philadelphia. Doug is married with 3 sons, plus the family golden retriever. In his spare time, he enjoys attending the boys sporting events, doing anything outside, and passionately supporting the Philadelphia sports teams.
Jim has 25 years of experience in the Powder & Bulk Solids Handling, Processing, Packaging, and Industrial Automation Industries. Jim has gained extensive knowledge from his work in several areas within the industry from production, laboratory, technical, and sales settings. His practical knowledge of applications, material handling, and equipment are extensive. As a Manufacturer’s Representative since 2006, Jim relies on all of his experience and knowledge in these areas to provide customers reliable, cost effective, and successful solutions. Jim’s main areas of expertise are in volumetric and loss-in-weight screw feeders, belt feeders, pneumatic conveying systems, and control systems, among many other equipment and component technologies.
Jim is a graduate of Camden County College with an Associate Degree in Applied Science. Jim has worked with some of the largest plastics manufacturers in the US, some of the largest pharmaceutical manufacturers in the US, as well as many other multi-national, medium, and small businesses. He prides himself on the level of customer service and support he offers his clients before and after the completion of a project. As a Sales Engineer for MassFlow Solutions, Inc. Jim handles Southern, NJ, Philadelphia, Chester, and Delaware Counties in PA, Delaware, and Maryland.
MassFlow Solutions, Inc. offers application expertise and solutions for:
- Volumetric and Gravimetric Screw Feeders, and Belt Feeders
- Gain-in-Weight & Loss-in-Weight Batching Systems
- Dilute and Dense Phase Vacuum or Pressure Pneumatic Conveying Systems
- USDA and FDA designed Pneumatic Conveyors
- Bulk Bag Unloading and Filling Equipment and Systems
- Milling and Particle Size Reduction Equipment and Systems
- Mixing and Blending Equipment
- Sifters, Screeners, and Particle Size Classifiers
- Airlock, Slide Gate, and Diverter Valves
- Convey Piping, Bends, Couplings, and Components
- Point and Continuous Level Indicators & Inventory Management Systems
- Railcar, Hopper, Chute, and Pipe Flow Aid Devices
- Flow Monitors, Moisture Monitors, Emission Monitors
- UL Certified Controls Panels and Custom PLC’s
- Dust Collectors, Dust Collections Systems, Components, and Duct Work
- Magnets and Metal Detectors
- Mechanical Screw Conveyors, Drag Conveyors, and Aeromechanical Conveyors
- Valve Bag and Open Mouth Fillers and Packaging Systems
- Packaging Automation, Stretch Wrappers, and Robotic Systems
- Turnkey Services including Project Management, Design, Engineering, Fabrication, and Installation